EXCELLENT! I also used 3 eggs after reading the reviews. It was perfect!
Jalapeño, Sausage, Jack, and Egg Breakfast Braid
This prize-winning stuffed breakfast bread recipe starts with a can of refrigerated pizza dough that's filled with a mixture of sausage, eggs, cheese and jalapeño peppers. Serve with fresh fruit for breakfast or brunch.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces chicken sausage with jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 15 x 10–inch rectangle.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sausage; cook 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in eggs; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until set. Remove from heat.
- 4. Sprinkle Monterey Jack lengthwise down center of dough, leaving about a 2 1/2-inch border on each side. Spoon egg mixture evenly over cheese. Sprinkle cheddar over egg mixture; top with jalapeño peppers.
- 5. Make 2-inch-long diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling using a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Arrange strips over filling, alternating strips diagonally over filling. Press ends under to seal. Brush with egg white. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note