I'm not a huge fan of fish so we thought we would give grouper a try. The fish itself was just fine. The jalapeno-lime relish that you spread on top was a little much (and spicier than I thought given we were using pickled jalapenos). There was something just a little off on the mango salsa, too. I think this recipe has promise though - with a few adjustments, it could definitely be a star!
Jalapeño-Lime Grilled Grouper
More From Southern Living
Other: 10 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 grouper fillets (about 1 1/2 lb.)*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mango Relish
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Coat a grill tray or basket with cooking spray, and place on grill. Heat, covered with grill lid, 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine cilantro and next 4 ingredients.
- 3. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place fish on hot grill tray. Grill fish, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork, spreading fish with cilantro mixture during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- 5. Serve fish with Mango Relish.
- *Amberjack, tilapia, or mahi-mahi may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This