We've skipped the canning process to make an easy, small-batch, keep-in-the-fridge jelly. It's a cool appetizer with just a little heat.
Yield: 3 half pints
- 3 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 (6-ounce) package liquid fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Process jalapeño and bell peppers in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine pepper puree, sugar, and vinegar in a nonaluminum saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 3 minutes; stir in pectin and lime juice. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands; cool. Store in refrigerator. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or toast as an appetizer, or with meats as a relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note