Absolutely LOVE this recipe. The nacho Doritos really make this taste great
Jalapeño Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) package nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Garnish: green onions
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, green onions, and jalapeño; sauté until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach, soup, sour cream, and ground cumin.
- Layer half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note