Absolutely LOVE this recipe. The nacho Doritos really make this taste great
Jalapeño Chicken Casserole
This Jalapeño Chicken Casserole will knock your socks off! One online reviewer says, "Absolutely LOVE this recipe."
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) package nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Garnish: green onions
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, green onions, and jalapeño; sauté until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach, soup, sour cream, and ground cumin.
- Layer half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles