Jalapeño Cheese Soup
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 (10 3/4-ounce) cans chicken broth, diluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup whipping cream, scalded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, cheese, onion, and jalapeño pepper in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Place 2 cups potato mixture in container of an electric blender; process until smooth, and set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining potato mixture. Return all pureed mixture to Dutch oven. Add butter, whipping cream, and salt; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until butter melts and soup is thoroughly heated. Serve immediately in warm soup bowls; garnish with avocado slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This