I made this for a side dish with dinner. But it would be wonderful for brunch
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 red or green jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Cover.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add onion and peppers, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in grits, Cheddar cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set; serve grits immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch