If you prefer less heat in these big yummy biscuits, seed the jalapeños before chopping them.
More From Oxmoor House
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Melted butter (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients; cut in 2/3 cup butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly. Stir in jalapeño. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2" thickness; cut with a 2 1/2" round cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter, if desired, before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note