More From Oxmoor House
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Melted butter (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients; cut in 2/3 cup butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly. Stir in jalapeño. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2" thickness; cut with a 2 1/2" round cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter, if desired, before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads