Love the flavors together. I served these chops for company and they were a big hit.
Jalapeño-Basil Pork Chops
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) jar jalapeño pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until pepper jelly melts. Remove from heat, and let mixture cool completely.
- 2. Pour 3/4 cup pepper jelly mixture into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag, reserving remaining mixture; add pork chops, turning to coat. Seal and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, turning pork chops occasionally.
- 3. Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 4. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Serve with remaining pepper jelly mixture.
- Jalapeño-Basil Chicken: Substitute 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts for pork chops. Prepare pepper jelly mixture, and marinate chicken as directed. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with remaining pepper jelly mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes