• In a large pot, heat the butter over medium heat.
• Sauté the jalapeños, onions and garlic for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the peppers turn soft.
• Remove from heat and add the avocado, tomatoes and vegetable broth.
• Lower the heat and return the pot to the stove, stirring often.
• Slowly bring the soup back to a simmer, cook about 20 mins. to reduce. Stir frequently.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the cilantro, reserving about one teaspoon per serving for garnish.
• Sprinkle with the reserved chopped cilantro and serve.
Go to full version of