Jalapeno Cilantro Soup
This is a variation of Reata's Jalapeno Cilantro Soup (source: http://tabletop.texasfarmbureau.org/2012/01/reatas-jalapeno-cilantro-soup/). In this recipe, heavy cream is substituted with vegetable broth to reduce fat content and extra avocado is added to create a creamier consistency.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 5 whole(s) jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 3/4 cup(s) red onion finely chopped
- 4 whole(s) avocado peeled, diced
- 4 whole(s) Roma tomatoes diced
- 8 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro stemmed, chopped
- pinch(s) salt
- pinch(s) pepper
- • In a large pot, heat the butter over medium heat.
- • Sauté the jalapeños, onions and garlic for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the peppers turn soft.
- • Remove from heat and add the avocado, tomatoes and vegetable broth.
- • Lower the heat and return the pot to the stove, stirring often.
- • Slowly bring the soup back to a simmer, cook about 20 mins. to reduce. Stir frequently.
- • Add salt and pepper to taste.
- • Add the cilantro, reserving about one teaspoon per serving for garnish.
- • Sprinkle with the reserved chopped cilantro and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mirelle78 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jalapeno Cilantro Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews