Jalapeno Cilantro Lemonade
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 7 cup(s) water
- 6 whole(s) lemons to make 1 cup of juice
- for jalapeno sugar syrup
- 1 jalapeno, cut into 4 pieces (remove seeds for a milder lemonade)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- other ingredients
- 1 cup lemon juice (juice of about 6 large lemons), strained
- 6 cups water
- Place the chopped jalapeno and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling till about half the water has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Then add sugar and salt and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer just until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Let the syrup cool for about 5 minutes.
- Place a strainer over a pitcher. Pour the jalapeno sugar syrup, lemon juice and 6 cups water through the strainer into the pitcher. Stir well. Serve chilled over ice cubes.
- For tequila spiked jalapeno lemonade recipe: follow the recipe above, but instead of 6 cups water use 5 cups water + 1/2 cup (or more!) tequila. Serve on ice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by holaerica and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jalapeno Cilantro Lemonade Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages