Jalapeno Chipotle Tomato Soup
This is a classic tomato soup with a hint of jalapeno and chipotle. If you want a mild soup, follow the instructions, but you want a spicier soup add as much jalapeno and chipotle as desired. influenced by: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/10/creamy-tomato-soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/4 medium onion diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic diced
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 4 14 ounce(s) cans of tomato
- 1 teaspoon(s) whole cane sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add thyme, onion, chipotle, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook until onion is completely soft and translucent, 10–12 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; add tomato paste. Continue cooking, stirring often, 5–6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, 1 tsp. sugar, 2 cups of water, and 3 cups chicken broth to pot. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until flavors meld, 45–55 minutes. Remove soup from heat; let cool slightly. Working in small batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return to pot. Rewarm before continuing.
- Stir in 1/4 cup half-n-half. Simmer soup until flavors meld, 10–15 minutes longer. Add more cream, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AliciaRB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note