Jalapeno Chipotle Tomato Soup
This is a classic tomato soup with a hint of jalapeno and chipotle. If you want a mild soup, follow the instructions, but you want a spicier soup add as much jalapeno and chipotle as desired. influenced by: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/10/creamy-tomato-soup
Yield: 10 servings ( Serving Size: 1 cup )
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/4 medium onion diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic diced
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 4 14 ounce(s) cans of tomato
- 1 teaspoon(s) whole cane sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add thyme, onion, chipotle, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook until onion is completely soft and translucent, 10–12 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; add tomato paste. Continue cooking, stirring often, 5–6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, 1 tsp. sugar, 2 cups of water, and 3 cups chicken broth to pot. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until flavors meld, 45–55 minutes. Remove soup from heat; let cool slightly. Working in small batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return to pot. Rewarm before continuing.
- Stir in 1/4 cup half-n-half. Simmer soup until flavors meld, 10–15 minutes longer. Add more cream, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AliciaRB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes