I tried these at the last-minute for a dinner with friends - they were a hit! I subbed out jalapeño, added crushed red pepper - gave it a flavor like cheese straws. Yum!
Savory Jalapeño-Cheddar Popovers feature a little kick of heat that we know you'll love. For a head start, make the popover batter a day ahead; cover and chill. Then bring to room temp before baking.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper (about 1 pepper)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Process first 5 ingredients in a blender 15 seconds or until smooth. Stir in cheese and jalapeño, and let stand 30 minutes. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray; place in a jelly-roll pan, and heat in oven 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling halfway. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°, and bake 8 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note