Jackie's Famous Oatmeal Bread Recipe
From Jackie, WIlmington NC
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) oatmeal
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 envelope(s) yeast
- 1/2 cup(s) warm water
- 5-6 cup(s) flour
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Heat milk; add oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- 2. Dissolve yeast in water. Add to milk mixture.
- 3. Stir in flour. Turn out and knead. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- 4. Punch down, knead again, shape into two loaves. Let rise again until doubled.
- 5. Bake for about 30 minutes. Brush with butter after taking out of oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jackie's Famous Oatmeal Bread Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads