Jack's Oyster Bisque
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Rice, uncooked
- 4 cup(s) Clam Juice
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 doz Oysters
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Tabasco Sauce
- 2 cup(s) Whipping or Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) Brandy or Cognac
- Chopped Freash Parsley
- Put Rice and Clam Juice in a saucepan. Cover and cook until rice is tender. Add Butter. Blend mixture until smooth (Puree) or force through sieve.
- Finely chop about 16 to 18 of the oysters and add to the rice mixture with their liquid. Stir in Tabsco sauce. Add the cream and heat to just boiling point. Addremaining oysters and heat until the edges curl. Add brandy or Cognac and heat 1 minute longer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into serving dishes, placing 1 or 2 whole oysters in each bowl or cup. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JackCarroll and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note