This was an awesome dish. My wife had made a turkey for a random Sunday dinner, so I didn't have any cranberry sauce. I just made some from some frozen berries and stuck it in the freezer as I made the rest of the dish. I dug this salsa so much, I'm going to replace my usual cranberry sauce with this new recipe. It was AWESOME!!
Jack Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 372mg
- Calcium: 218mg
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (2-inch-thick) slices green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- To prepare salsa, combine first 7 ingredients. Cover and chill.
- To prepare quesadillas, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup sliced onions to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Remove onions from pan; reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 tortillas. Top each cheese-covered tortilla with one-fourth of onions, 1/2 cup turkey, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tortilla.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 quesadilla to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with cranberry salsa and sour cream.
This salsa is also great on turkey sandwiches. To make meatless quesadillas, use sautéed vegetables in place of the turkey.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This