- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (2-inch-thick) slices green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- calories 356
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 19.4 g
- carbohydrate 47.8 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 42 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 372 mg
- calcium 218 mg
How to Make It
To prepare salsa, combine first 7 ingredients. Cover and chill.
To prepare quesadillas, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup sliced onions to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Remove onions from pan; reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 tortillas. Top each cheese-covered tortilla with one-fourth of onions, 1/2 cup turkey, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tortilla.
Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 quesadilla to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with cranberry salsa and sour cream.
This salsa is also great on turkey sandwiches. To make meatless quesadillas, use sautéed vegetables in place of the turkey.