More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 524
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 753mg
- 16 (8-inch) flour tortillas, preferably red or orange
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups grated pepper Jack cheese (12 oz.)
- Preheat broiler to high and place an oven rack about 5 inches from heat source. Line a baking sheet with foil and mist with nonstick cooking spray. Stack 8 tortillas on a cutting board and use a sharp paring knife to trim away some of top, leaving a 1-inch "stem" so tortillas are shaped like pumpkins. Repeat with remaining 8 tortillas. Use a knife to cut two triangles for eyes and a crescent for a mouth into 8 tortillas.
- Warm 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add a tortilla without eyes and mouth, sprinkle with a scant 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with cutout tortilla. Cook until underside is golden, 1 to 2 minutes, slide onto baking sheet, and repeat to make three more quesadillas.
- Place baking sheet under broiler and broil until tops are golden. Slide onto a serving platter and loosely tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers