Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 2 (1-lb.) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon milk
- Place the loaves in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to one hour.
- Punch dough down, knead loaves together in bowl and shape into a ball.
- Transfer ball to a grased 15"x12" baking sheet. With greased hands or a lightly floured rolling pin, flatten ball into a 13"x11" oval. Cut out eyes, nose, and mouth; openings should be at least 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide. (To make small loaves, divide dough into 4 equal pieces and roll into 6"x4" ovals; eye, nose and mouth openings should be at least 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide.) Lift out cut-out dough and bake on another pan or use for decoration.
- Cover the shaped dough lightly with plastic wrap and let rise until puffy, about 20 minutes.
- Mix egg with milk; brush over dough.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This