1. Whisk vinegar with brown rice syrup and lime juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat. Rub zucchini, scallions and chicken or salmon with oil; sprinkle with salt. Grill vegetables and protein for about 20 minutes until browned and cooked through, flipping once. Cut zucchini and scallions into a medium dice.
3. Slice avocado in half, discard pit and dice.
4. Break chicken or salmon into large pieces. Toss grilled vegetables with lettuce, avocado, cilantro and basil; place on a large platter and top with salmon.
5. Drizzle with vinaigrette; serve with lime quarters.
Go to full version of