Italian White Bean-and-Spinach Cups
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 8mg
- Sodium: 986mg
- Calcium: 275mg
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained and divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut tops off bell peppers; discard tops, seeds and membranes. Cook peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place broth and 1/2 cup beans in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Stir bean purée into spinach mixture. Add remaining beans, feta cheese, tomato sprinkles, olives, vinegar, and Italian seasoning; stir well.
- Divide bean mixture evenly between peppers. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle evenly over bean mixture. Place stuffed peppers in an 8-inch square baking dish; bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note