- 2 large red bell peppers (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained and divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 369
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 11.9 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 49.6 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- cholesterol 26 mg
- iron 8 mg
- sodium 986 mg
- calcium 275 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut tops off bell peppers; discard tops, seeds and membranes. Cook peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Place broth and 1/2 cup beans in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Stir bean purée into spinach mixture. Add remaining beans, feta cheese, tomato sprinkles, olives, vinegar, and Italian seasoning; stir well.
Divide bean mixture evenly between peppers. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle evenly over bean mixture. Place stuffed peppers in an 8-inch square baking dish; bake at 350° for 25 minutes.