Italian Wedding Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) ground chicken
- 1/2 pound(s) chicken sausage casings removed
- 2/3 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 egg, extra large lightly beaten
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion minced
- 1 cup(s) carrots diced
- 3/4 cup(s) celery diced
- 10 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) small pasta
- 12 ounce(s) baby spinach washed and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 350. For the meatballs, place the ground chicken, and the next 8 ingredients( thru the egg), 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a bowl and combine gently with a fork. With a teaspoon, drop 1 to 1 1/4 inch meatballs onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper. ( you should have about 40 meatballs) They don't have to be perfectly round. Bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned. Set aside.
- In the meantime, for the soup, heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot. Add the onion, carrots and celery and sauté until softened, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth and wine and bring to a boil. Add pasta to the simmering broth and cook for 6-8 minutes, until pasta is tender. Add meatballs to soup and simmer for 1 minute. Taste for salt and pepper. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute, until spinach is wilted. Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ellynint and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews