1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and a small skillet with cooking spray.
2. Sauté scallion, red pepper, and zucchini in skillet for 4 minutes. Add spinach and sausage and continue cooking until sausage is browned.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, Parmesan-Romano, and black pepper.
4. In baking dish, layer half the bread, half the egg mixture, and half the sausage-vegetable mixture. Repeat layers.
5. Press down to make sure bread is completely submerged. Set aside for 20 minutes. (You can also prepare this up to a day ahead and store in fridge.)
6. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and puffy.
Serves: 8. Per Serving: 380 cal, 40g carbs, 26g protein, 14g fat, 200mg chol, 740mg sodium, 3g fiber
Go to full version of