Italian Vegetable Strata with Turkey Sausage
ingredients: Add all to shopping list 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion 1 large red bell pepper, diced 1 zucchini, chopped 4 cups fresh baby spinach 1 lb sweet turkey sausage, casings removed, broken into bite-size chunks 7 eggs 2 1⁄2 cups 2% milk 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese 1⁄4 tsp black pepper 1 medium loaf French bread (about 5 cups), cut into large chunks 1 cup grated reduced-fat Monterey Jack
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 1/4 t tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and a small skillet with cooking spray.
- 2. Sauté scallion, red pepper, and zucchini in skillet for 4 minutes. Add spinach and sausage and continue cooking until sausage is browned.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, Parmesan-Romano, and black pepper.
- 4. In baking dish, layer half the bread, half the egg mixture, and half the sausage-vegetable mixture. Repeat layers.
- 5. Press down to make sure bread is completely submerged. Set aside for 20 minutes. (You can also prepare this up to a day ahead and store in fridge.)
- 6. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and puffy.
- KITCHEN COUNTER:
- Serves: 8. Per Serving: 380 cal, 40g carbs, 26g protein, 14g fat, 200mg chol, 740mg sodium, 3g fiber
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brounsh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Vegetable Strata with Turkey Sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch