Italian Veal Kabobs
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 391mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 pounds medium-size round red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound lean boneless veal, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small purple onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cook potato in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Place veal and potato in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Combine wine and next 3 ingredients, and stir well. Pour wine mixture over veal and potato; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain veal and potato, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Thread veal, potato, red pepper, and onion onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers. Brush with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place kabobs on rack; grill, covered, 6 to 7 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with marinade.
- Combine parsley and lemon zest; sprinkle over kabobs just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note