- 2 pounds medium-size round red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound lean boneless veal, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small purple onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- calories 410
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 4.5 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 33.6 g
- carbohydrate 47.9 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 100 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 391 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook potato in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
Place veal and potato in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Combine wine and next 3 ingredients, and stir well. Pour wine mixture over veal and potato; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
Drain veal and potato, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Thread veal, potato, red pepper, and onion onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers. Brush with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place kabobs on rack; grill, covered, 6 to 7 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with marinade.
Combine parsley and lemon zest; sprinkle over kabobs just before serving.