- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hot Italian turkey sausages (about 1 [19 1/2-ounce] package)
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- calories 358
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 12.1 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 21.3 g
- carbohydrate 41.2 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- cholesterol 78 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 861 mg
- calcium 35 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375º.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Bake at 375º for 40 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
While potatoes cook, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pierce the sausage casings several times with a fork. Add sausages to pan; cook 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove sausages from pan.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan. Add bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of salt, vinegar, rosemary, and crushed red pepper. Return sausages to pan; cover and cook over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until the sausages are done.