- 1 pound sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (7-oz.) container refrigerated basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (20-oz.) packages lean ground turkey
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Process mushrooms in a food processor until finely ground. Stir together onion, next 5 ingredients, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Combine tomato paste, salt, pepper, and 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce; stir into mushroom mixture.
Add turkey to mushroom mixture, and combine, using hands, until well blended. Line 2 (9- x 5-inch) loaf pans with heavy-duty aluminum foil; coat lightly with cooking spray. Divide turkey mixture between prepared pans. Place pans on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Spread remaining 8-oz. can tomato sauce over meatloaves. Bake 30 more minutes or until a thermometer inserted in center of meatloaf registers 165°.
Let meatloaves stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve 1 loaf. Cool second loaf completely; cover and chill for later use.