A delicious soup after a busy day. I reduced the garlic to one large clove and decreased the red pepper because the meatballs were spicy. I served it with a baquette and an assortment of cheeses, along with a nice red wine. It was a lovely meal on a cool fall night.
Italian-Style Turkey Meatball Soup
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) package frozen turkey meatballs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped carrots (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole plum tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach
- Shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Sauté meatballs in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 6 minutes or until browned. Remove meatballs, using a slotted spoon. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, and reduce heat to medium. Sauté onion, carrots, and celery 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, salt, and red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, beans, stock, and meatballs; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach. Spoon into bowls, and top with cheese.
- Note: We tested with Armour Turkey Meatballs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note