Easy, juicy and delicious. This is my go to recipe for healthier burgers.
Italian Turkey Burgers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 372
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 36.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- Calcium: 225mg
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) Italian rolls, split lengthwise
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (1-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 1.Preheat broiler.
- Place rolls, cut sides up, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat cut sides of rolls with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Rub garlic evenly over cut sides of rolls. Set aside; keep warm.
- Combine turkey and next 5 ingredients (turkey through parsley). Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping into 1/2-inch-thick patties. Place on broiler pan; broil 7 minutes on each side or until done. Place burgers on bottom halves of rolls; top each with 1/2 cheese slice; broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Cover with tops of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This