Italian Turkey and Bean Soup
"Take Stock" by Michael Hastings. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: November 23, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quart(s) turkey broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 15-ounce can(s) cannellini (or other) beans
- 1 15-ounce can(s) pure pumpkin, optional
- 3 cup(s) chopped turkey (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan or 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1. Heat olive oil over medium-low to medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper and cook until slightly softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, oregano, beans and pumpkin, if using. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and gently simmer 20 minutes.
- 3. Stir in turkey and parsley, if using; heat thoroughly. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- 4. When serving, top each bowl with some grated Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note