This was really good. I didn't use fresh parsley, I used just a little chopped scallion. Very good!
Italian Tuna Melts
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 411
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread (about 14 oz.)
- 3 6-oz. cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup kalamata or other black olives, pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Set oven rack 4 inches from broiler and preheat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Slice bread loaf into thirds, then slice each third in half lengthwise so you have 6 equal pieces.
- Flake tuna in a medium bowl. Stir in oil, lemon juice, parsley and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Spread tuna mixture evenly over each piece of bread and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and broil until cheese is bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes