- 1 loaf Italian or French bread (about 14 oz.)
- 3 6-oz. cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup kalamata or other black olives, pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- calories 411
- fat 14 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 34 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- sodium 211 mg
How to Make It
Set oven rack 4 inches from broiler and preheat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Slice bread loaf into thirds, then slice each third in half lengthwise so you have 6 equal pieces.
Flake tuna in a medium bowl. Stir in oil, lemon juice, parsley and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Spread tuna mixture evenly over each piece of bread and sprinkle with cheese.
Place on baking sheet and broil until cheese is bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.