Italian Tuna with Bow Ties, Black Pepper, and Olive Oil
Farfalle comes from an Italian word meaning "butterfly," but we know (and love) this popular shape as bow tie.
More From Coastal Living
Total: 29 Minutes
- 8 ounces farfalle
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (5-ounce) cans solid white tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- ¹/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in celery and next 5 ingredients. Add hot pasta, and toss to coat. Stir in basil. Serve immediately, or chill until ready to eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes