- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen long-grain brown rice (such as Birds Eye Steamfresh)
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce prosciutto, cut into thin strips (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- calories 279
- fat 13.9 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 18.5 g
- carbohydrate 19.3 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 127 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 542 mg
- calcium 289 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare crust, cook the brown rice according to package directions. Combine cooked rice, pesto, Parmesan cheese, and 1 egg; firmly press mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove dish from oven.
Increase oven temperature to 400°.
To prepare filling, combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through 1 egg) in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
Sprinkle half of mozzarella and half of prosciutto into bottom of prepared crust. Top with half of tomato slices. Repeat procedure with remaining mozzarella, prosciutto, and tomatoes. Pour milk mixture over tomatoes; bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325° (do not remove tart from oven); bake an additional 35 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with basil. Cut into wedges.