Italian Tomato Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) basil
- 2 whole(s) bay leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 1 cup(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) fresh or canned diced tomatoes
- 1 whole(s) green pepper chopped
- 3-4 clove(s) minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 pound(s) sliced mushrooms
- 29 ounce(s) tomato puree
- 6 ounce(s) tomato paste
- Saute onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft and translucent. Add green pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, basil, oregano, bay leaves, cook 5 to 8 minutes. Add tomato puree, tomato paste, tomatoes, red wine, pepper and rest of the salt. Stir well. Simmer uncovered, minimum 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The longer the sauce simmers the better the flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jazzswine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note