- 3 large tomatoes, chopped*
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Garnish: croutons
How to Make It
Combine tomato and, if desired, onion in a large bowl.
Combine basil and next 6 ingredients; add to tomato mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill 8 hours. Garnish, if desired.
* 6 plum tomatoes may be substituted for 3 large tomatoes.