Italian Tiramisu Cake
- 12 ounce(s) chocolate chips
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 whole(s) eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup(s) cake flour
- For the Mascarpone Topping
- 8 ounce(s) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 package(s) soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup(s) strong brewed coffee
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth and let cool for a few minutes.
- Line a 9"x13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate to a mixing bowl, beat in the butter and then the sugar, 4 eggs, and 4 egg whites. Add in the flour and continue mixing on low speed until just combined. Pour the cake batter into the baking dish.
- Layer the ladyfingers upside down on top of the cake batter, slightly pushing down to keep in place. Using a pastry brush, brush the coffee over the ladyfingers until they are well saturated.
- In another bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, sugar, 4 egg whites, and the vanilla extract. Gently spread the mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Let cool completely. Sift cocoa powder over top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note