- 8 ounces rigatoni, uncooked
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free, no-salt-added pasta sauce (Enrico's)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 461
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 67.7 g
- fiber 8.9 g
- cholesterol 57 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 534 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, and keep warm.
While pasta cooks, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage and onion to skillet; cook until sausage is browned and onion is tender, stirring until sausage crumbles. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
Return sausage mixture to skillet; add pasta sauce and red pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Combine pasta and sausage mixture in a large bowl, tossing well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Use kitchen scissors or a sharp knife to split the casings lengthwise down sausage links. Peel off the casings, then discard them.