The picture is deceiving. There is way too much tomato paste in the recipe, it completely overwhelms the flavor. I was looking for a recipe with a light tomato sauce which is what the picture looks like and this definitely wasn't that. I would not make it again.
Italian-style Shrimp with Spaghetti
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 675mg
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (about 3 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound (40 to 50 per lb.) frozen shelled deveined shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded romano or parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir shallots and garlic in olive oil until shallots are limp, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes (with juice), tomato paste, wine, oregano, and basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Rinse and drain shrimp; add to sauce. Stir often just until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4. Stir sauce into cooked pasta. Divide mixture equally among four bowls. Sprinkle with parsley; add salt, pepper, and cheese to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This