- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 2 medium-size banana peppers
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It
Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Broil jalapeño 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until blackened. Place blackened jalapeño in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, broil banana peppers 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until blistered and slightly softened. Cool completely (about 10 minutes), and chop. Peel and finely chop jalapeño, discarding seeds.
Stir together oil, next 5 ingredients, and chopped peppers in a small bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.