- 8 ounces uncooked spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 20 mussels (about 1 pound), rinsed and debearded
- 1 (6-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 384
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 5.3 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 14.9 g
- carbohydrate 61.6 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 5.5 mg
- sodium 470 mg
- calcium 101 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté for 4 minutes. Add the clam juice, red pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Add mussels; cover and cook 3 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in tomato paste, and cook for 2 minutes, uncovered, or until sauce thickens.
Drain pasta, and place into each of 4 bowls. Top with mussels and sauce. Serve with parsley.