Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Sodium: 665mg
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, parsley, egg, salt, fennel seeds and rice. Mix with your fingers until well combined (but do not overmix).
- 3. Pat mixture into an 8-by-4-inch loaf and place on baking sheet. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160ºF and meat is no longer pink, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes on baking sheet before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note