- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (26-ounce) jar sundried tomato and sweet basil pasta sauce
- 1 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Parmesan and mozzarella cheese sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 316
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- fat 13 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- monofat 3.1 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 18.7 g
- carbohydrate 31 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 1023 mg
- calcium 202 mg
How to Make It
Cook ground beef and next 3 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and pat dry with paper towels.
Stir together beef mixture and pasta sauce. Spoon into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Prepare potatoes according to package directions, using fat-free milk. Stir together mashed potatoes and cheese sauce. Spread over beef mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rag Sundried Tomato & Sweet Basil sauce and Ragu Cheese Creations Parmesan & Mozzarella sauce.