Italian-style Green Beans
Per CalorieCount.com - Nutrition Facts [Serving Size 1 serving (144.6g)]: Calories 190, Fat 14.4g, Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 335mg, Carbohydrates 9.4g, Fiber 4.0g, Protein 3.6g
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound(s) green beans, ends trimmed and parboiled or steamed 3 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) blanched, slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon(s) parmagiano reggiano, freshly grated
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan set on high heat until it begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon of the salt, the pepper and parsley and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the cooked beans to a dish.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan and cook over medium heat for 1 minutes. Add the garlic and almonds and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic and almonds start to brown.
- Return the cooked green beans to the pan, add the remaining salt and cook for 5 minutes, tossing until well mixed. Remove from the heat, add the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, toss well and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note