Italian-Style Chicken Tostadas
Prep: 10 min., Bake: 6 min., Cook: 7 min., Broil: 3 min.
Yield: Makes 16 servings
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds
- 2 tablespoons PROMISE Buttery Spread
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 (7-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed fresh basil leaves (optional), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil sprig
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Split pitas in half horizontally to make 4 rounds. Arrange pitas on a baking sheet, cut side up. Bake 6 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to broil.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt buttery spread in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown. Add roasted peppers and chicken, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and, if desired, basil.
- 3. Top pitas with chicken mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Broil 5 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers