- 5 large portobello mushrooms, divided, stems removed and discarded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves or parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups arugula or baby spinach leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425° . Finely chop 1 mushroom cap.
Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet and cook chopped mushroom, sausage and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add roasted peppers and cook 2 minutes. Stir in Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing and simmer 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Arrange remaining 4 mushrooms caps on baking sheet. Evenly top with sausage mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
Bake 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Evenly divide arugula on 4 plates, then top with mushrooms. Serve, if desired, with additional Dressing.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 340, Calories From Fat 160, Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 17g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 1450mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g, Sugars 6g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 16g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%