Italian Spicy Sausage and Lentil Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) Chicken Stock
- 1 cup(s) Lentils
- 1 pound(s) Italian Suasage
- 28 ounce(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) carrots shredded
- 1 bunch(es) spinach
- 2 large portabello mushrooms diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 potatoe peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 rosemary spring
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- In a large pot bring chicken stock and lentils to boil. Cook over medium heat until lentils are tender.
- In large skillet cook sausage. Remove and drain.
- Sauté onions and garlic in skillet used to cook sausage. Add mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, and spices. Cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, onion/veggie mixture, and spinach to stock/lentil mixture. Simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Remove bay leaf and rosemary before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChiefKaren and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Italian Spicy Sausage and Lentil Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews