Italian Spiced Spanish Rice
Spanish rice with an Italian Flare. A sweet, yet spicy side dish that even kids will like. You can add chicken, beef, and cheese to this recipe to make it a meal.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) long grain white rice uncooked
- 4 tablespoon(s) Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 can(s) Del Monte Stewed Tomatoes: Italian Recpie 14.5 oz, do not drain
- 3 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine Italian dressing, rice, and onion. Stir until mixture is coated with dressing and let toast for 5 minutes or until rice golden brown and onions become translucent. Add stewed tomatoes along with the liquid from can and stir in. Then, add chicken stock and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. (At this time you may add in a dash or 2 of cayenne pepper if you want to add more heat) . Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes. However tempting it may seem, do NOT lift lid. Your rice will not stick to the bottom of the pan. If you want to be sure, hold the lid in place and give the pan a gentle shake. Remove from heat and let stand for another 10-15 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed. Fluff with fork, serve hot, and enjoy.
- Feel free to add what you like to this recipe and make it yours, a suggestion would be chopped chicken tenders and shredded mild cheddar cheese. Due to the content of sodium in the stewed tomatoes and the dressing, this recipe will not require any additional salt. Again, add to taste if you need more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KayMidnight and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note